Sunday, August 7, 2011

Don't get on my case.





This gorgeous and girly vintage hat was a gift from the boyfriend that came in the mail a few days ago. I couldn't wait to wear it and as soon as I had the chance, I did. The hat made its debut this weekend at a farmer's market, where it was greeted with many stares, as well as a few delightful compliments from strangers. The dusty pink color of the bow makes it somewhat difficult to match, so thus far I've stuck with pairing it with black and white. 
The shirt dress is from my mother's closet, along with the lacey sports bra I have underneath. The black and pink polka dotted heels are from Payless Shoes. They were my first ever pair of high heels, and I still like to squeeze into them when an outfit needs a feminine touch. The pink in the hat and in the polka dots in the heels (which are hard to see) match perfectly, so it only made sense.